We are open - with limited capacity.
From Friday 18th of June we will be open for court hire. However, the total venue capacity (including the 2 Basketball/volleyball courts) is 50 people inside at once. In order to best manage the number of pariticipants onsite, the online booking system will unavailable from Sunday 20th until further notice. Online bookings can be made for Friday 18th and Saturday 19th only due to no additonal basketball/volleyball court hire.
The best way to book is to text your booking request to 0498 623 111 including the number of people attending. We will confirm your booking by reply text message.
Message from Badminton Victoria Re: Venue restrictions -
Metro Melbourne -
Indoor sport - permitted, up to a maximum venue capacity of 50 people in total (excluding paid staff) and subject to a density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm.
Maximum venue capacity refers to both indoor and outdoor spaces, hence the total capacity of 150. The total capacity of 50 indoors refers to the combined total of all people in all indoor spaces (excluding staff and infants). For example, in a venue with three separate halls, the total number of people in the venue (in all halls) is 50 people. In a venue of a single hall, the capacity cap is still 50. In all cases the density quotient still applies.
Maximum group size does not apply in badminton and can be disregarded. Group size limits apply to things such as group fitness classes or group dance classes.
2021 Junior Training Squad is finally BACK!
TERM 1 – Monday February 1 – Thursday April 1
TERM 2 – Monday April 19 – Sunday June 27
TERM 3 – Monday July 12 – Sunday September 19
TERM 4 – Monday October 4 – Sunday December 19
Visit the “About” section for further details about squad sessions, times and costs.
COVID-19 SAFE GUIDELINES
- Our Preferred way of bookings/payment is online via our website.
- On arrival, hirers are to wait outside until their designated booking time. Hirers may go to reception if they require assistance with booking prior to starting time.
- Facemask are to be worn while inside the venue (except when playing oncourt).
- All attendees are required to complete an attendance register upon arrival. This should be a simple process of scanning a QR code with your phone, and providing contact details electronically. If you need help, please see reception.
- Players must remain within their designated court area for the duration of their booking. Bathrooms will be accessible.
- We recommend you bring your own drink bottles. Water is available for purchase from front reception.
- Hand hygiene is encouraged. Sanitiser will be kept at entry / exit points.
Membership options for 2021 are available from reception.
Please see staff at reception for further details.
CASUAL COURT HIRE, SOCIAL COMPETITION FOR ALL AGES AND LEVELS, JUNIOR TRAINING SQUADS, PRIVATE COACHING.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFO.
Boasting six international standard courts, Play Badminton provides court hire services at one of Melbourne’s premier badminton facilities, Maribyrnong College’s sports academy building.
Whether you’re up for a social hit with mates, or a serious match against an opponent there is something for everybody to enjoy at Play Badminton.
Through the hiring of courts on weeknights and weekends with Play Badminton, you can experience the thrill of playing on purpose built, world-class badminton courts with TV standard badminton court lighting.